ENSEIGNEMENT DES LANGUES ETRANGERES EN ALGERIE

BIENVENUES

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

BIENVENUES

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

APPRENTISSAGE: FRANCAIS ET ANGLAIS AUX TROIS CYCLES: PRIMAIRE-MOYEN-SECONDAIRE

-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
(Adhérents Fnac) Enceinte Bluetooth Marshall Stanmore II Noir
199.99 € 249.99 €
Voir le deal

3 participants

English Compositions - Some nicest stories to read -

Administrateur
    Administrateur
    Admin

English   Compositions - Some nicest  stories  to read - Empty English Compositions - Some nicest stories to read -

Message par Administrateur Lun 17 Mai - 14:33

Composition helps the student to express his views on what is happening in the world around him, besides expressing personal thoughts, feelings and experiences.

My Pets

I have two pretty birds as pets. They are green-and-blue budgies. Their home is a shady tree in the garden where they are free to fly from branch to branch. Yet they are safe from the cat as the whole tree is inside a wire enclosure. I have nailed a wooden box on the tree. This is their 'nest' where they sleep at night and where they find shelter whenever it rains.

My pets are called 'Polly' and 'Sally'. They enjoy flying about among the branches and they chirp happily all day long. Every morning, I feed them with birdseed and give them a bowl of water to drink. I also clean their 'nest'.

They are pretty birds and I like to watch their movements. I find them cheery and lively, so I never feel dull spending my time with them. I love my pets very much.

budgie 'budgie' is short for 'budgerigar'. A parakeet native to Australia and having green, yellow, or blue plumage. It is a popular cage bird bred in a variety of colors not found in wild populations

chirp make high-pitched sounds; of birds

cheery bright and happyEnglish   Compositions - Some nicest  stories  to read - My-Pets

Here the link of that interesting Site: http://www.englishdaily626.com/english_compositions.php?167

Dernière édition par Administrateur le Lun 17 Mai - 15:00, édité 3 fois
    Administrateur
    Administrateur
    Admin

English   Compositions - Some nicest  stories  to read - Empty Re: English Compositions - Some nicest stories to read -

Message par Administrateur Lun 17 Mai - 14:36

Write a story about what the character did when he received a call late one night

Mr Lim was rudely awakened by the high-pitched ringing of his cordless phone. He turned on the lights and saw that it was 2:30 am in the morning. Groaning, he groped for the phone.

It was Mr Lim's brother, Kenneth. He knew that something was amiss the minute his brother spoke. Kenneth's grave tone then related the message that he was now in Saint Gabriel Hospital with their mother. Apparently, their mother could not sleep that night and had gone to the kitchen to get herself a hot drink when she slipped on the kitchen tiles. The fall broke her arm and twisted her ankle. Luckily, she was not scalded by the hot drink that she was carrying. When Kenneth and his wife, Selina, were awakened by the noise from the kitchen, they rushed to investigate, only to find their mother on the floor.

Mr Lim's heart pounded as he heard the whole story. His mother was almost eighty and any such fall could prove fatal. "What's her condition like? Did the doctor tell you anything?" his voice quivered with anxiety as he asked the questions. Kenneth gave no definite answer because they had only just arrived at the hospital. He only knew that she was in the Intensive Care Unit.

Mr Lim hastily woke his wife to tell her the news. Although he wanted badly for her to accompany him to the hospital, he knew that she had to stay behind to look after their sleeping children.

As Mr Lim drove to the hospital, he prayed that his mother would be all right. Thoughts of how wonderful a person his mother is brought a tear to his eye. He just had to get to the hospital fast to be with her.

groped fumbled

amiss wrong
    Administrateur
    Administrateur
    Admin

English   Compositions - Some nicest  stories  to read - Empty Re: English Compositions - Some nicest stories to read -

Message par Administrateur Lun 17 Mai - 14:37

A Camping Trip

A camping trip

It was a cold and windy night. It was three hours since the boys last rested. The night forest was so dark that it was difficult for them to make their way around, even though they each had a torchlight and a compass to direct them.

Richard, who was all round and plump from too much good food, began to grumble. "My stomach's growling! It's been four hours since our last meal! And my legs are so tired, I can hardly move another step!" Don and Ashton sighed because they were just as tired and hungry but they never complained half as much as Richard. Tired of Richard's complaints, they walked to the nearest clearing to spend the night. Richard sat down and was asleep in less than five minutes, so it was up to Don and Ashton to pitch the tents.
    The two boys were extremely efficient in their work, so they soon had their tent taut and ready for use. They looked at Richard who was fast asleep. They decided to play a prank on him to teach him a lesson for being so lazy on this camping trip. They gathered some grass for their costumes and smeared mud all over themselves. Then, they each looked for a long branch which looked like spears in the dark and woke Richard with a rough push.

When Richard opened his eyes, all he saw were two dark figures standing above him with spears in their hands. He thought they were people of the forest tribes and he shivered. Don and Ashton told him that they were cannibals looking for their dinner. Richard looked as if he would make them a splendid meal because he was so fat and juicy. Richard was so frightened that he begged for his life. The two boys saw how pitiful Richard looked and burst out laughing. Richard was angry for a while but he soon forgave Don and Ashton.

taut tight

smeared blackened or dirtied with mud

English   Compositions - Some nicest  stories  to read - 152
    Administrateur
    Administrateur
    Admin

Message par Administrateur Lun 17 Mai - 14:41

Treasure-hunting

Wendy and Yenli were digging in their backyard when their spades hit a hard, wooden object. The girls' house stood in a once deserted area, a famous place for pirates to hide their stolen treasures. Their relatives had often teased them of living over treasures, but Wendy and Yenli never dreamt of anything of the sort.

When the girls began their playful digging in their backyard, they had not expected to find anything. So they were highly excited by their present find. In order not to damage the object, both girls went down on hands and knees to gently uncover the object. Finding something like this in their backyard was too incredible to believe!
    As they brushed the coarse grains of sand away from what resembled the lid of a box, they saw the words "REDHOUND" inscribed in bold capital letters on it. When the box was finally loose, they saw that it had carvings along the sides and on its lid. They opened it, hoping to find gold, pearls and diamonds. Unfortunately, they found a whole pile of old letters tied neatly in a bunch. Wendy searched deeper into the box and found a ruby ring and a gold necklace. Even though it was not much, the girls rushed into their house to tell their parents of the good news.

The following day, some archaeologists were called to the site. After various observations and tests, they managed to say that the box was indeed a rare treasure. The letters were written by a pirate captive who lived almost two hundred years ago and they told of how he lost the woman he loved.

Since the girls had found the box in their backyard, they could keep their find. Wendy and Yenli could not be happier.

resembled looked like

inscribed writtenEnglish   Compositions - Some nicest  stories  to read - 163
    Administrateur
    Administrateur
    Admin

Message par Administrateur Lun 17 Mai - 14:41

A Heroic Deed

Mimi was calling home from a public telephone across a goldsmiths shop when she noticed two suspicious-looking men enter the shop. One of them was holding a big bag. He seemed to be carrying something heavy and bulky. Mimi watched them as they walked into the shop with a deadly calm. There were three customers in the shop and one of them had a child with her.

Mimi immediately cancelled her call back home and dialled the police emergency line instead. In the meantime, she turned her back to the shop and pretended that she knew nothing of what was about to happen. However, the reflection on the glass pane of the phone booth allowed her to keep a hawk's eye on the movements of the two men.

It was not a moment too soon when she made the call. As soon as she walked away from the phone booth, she heard the terrified screams of the customers in the goldsmiths shop and the smashing of glass. Without glancing back, she knew that the robbery was in progress. She hurried to the nearest corner to wait for the police to arrive.

She was surprised when the police officers arrived at the scene of the crime from the back lane. It was a clever tactic that took the robbers by surprise in the midst of their robbery. Mimi left before the police could find out that it was she who had made that crucial call and alerted them.

The next day, the daily newspapers reported the capturing of the two most wanted armed robbers. They also reported of a mysterious girl who heroically called the police. Mimi was proud of what she had done, but she was not about to brag about her good deed. She was just happy and relieved to know that nobody was injured in the process of yesterday's events.

deadly calm unafraid and casual

hawk's eye a sharp eye

tactic strategy

Dernière édition par Administrateur le Lun 17 Mai - 14:47, édité 1 fois
    Administrateur
    Administrateur
    Admin

Message par Administrateur Lun 17 Mai - 14:47

Late For Work

The chauffeur, Lye, honked the car horn in fury. He had been caught in the same pile up of cars for more than half an hour and he was getting impatient. If the traffic did not get a move on, he would be late for his appointment with his strict employer, Madam Ee. He hated to think of the look on her finely featured face. Although delicate-looking at most times, she can look devilishly harsh when she became angry.

The moving traffic was crawling at a snail's pace. Lye took a look around him and he realised that he was not the only pent-up driver on the road. He soon found the cause of the traffic jam. Twenty metres in front of him was a road narrowing due to some road works. As soon as he was over the bottle-neck, he sped off as if there were no tomorrow. Actually, if he was late, there would be no tomorrow because Madam Ee would surely fire him.

He pulled up along the slim track of Madam Ee's Sixth Avenue bungalow. He was relieved that he was only ten minutes late. However, his relief was only met with Madam Ee's frowning and disapproving face. She walked briskly over to the car and scolded him for being late. Then after threatening to fire him from his job, she went back into her huge bungalow. Madam Ee sounded as if there was an emergency at hand.

Lye wondered what the emergency was all about. Then Madam Ee came strolling out wit her pet poodle, Ribbons. Ribbons was sick and had to be taken to the vet. Lye took a second look at the poodle and thought that it looked as healthy as a poodle could look. He sighed and casually drove to the vet.

chauffeur a person who drives other people around

pent-up frustrated

bottle-neck a narrowing
    achwak
    achwak

Message par achwak Mar 31 Jan - 8:07

hello
    I'm soooooooooo late, I've just found these beautiful stories.
    Thank you teacher.
    teacher Med

Message par teacher Med Jeu 3 Mar - 20:32

thank you

Contenu sponsorisé

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

La date/heure actuelle est Jeu 28 Mar - 13:28