ENSEIGNEMENT DES LANGUES ETRANGERES EN ALGERIE

BIENVENUES

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

BIENVENUES

Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

APPRENTISSAGE: FRANCAIS ET ANGLAIS AUX TROIS CYCLES: PRIMAIRE-MOYEN-SECONDAIRE

Le Deal du moment : -45%
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre ...
Voir le deal
339 €

+2
matrix_hamdi
VIP
6 participants

A new topic to discuss

VIP
    VIP

A new topic to discuss Empty A new topic to discuss

Message par VIP Mer 23 Déc - 18:35

Hello teachers
    hope you will participate to discuss this topic and to hear your point of view...........You are welcome to start

How do you feel about english exams ?
    Tell us your choice:
    1-Exams are great for motivating students?
    2-Exams creat a lot of stress, but not much learning?
    matrix_hamdi

A new topic to discuss Empty Re: A new topic to discuss

Message par matrix_hamdi Sam 27 Fév - 22:10

Peace and blessings of Allah be upon you
    Hello everybody!
    Thank you very much for this interesting topic.
    In fact answering this question is a little bit hard! A new topic to discuss Icon_rolleyes From my point of view, one of the major keys to motivation is the active involvement of learners in their own learning by encouraging them to do more exercises, homework in order to succeed in the examinations. So I do believe that exams are great for motivating students. But we should keep in mind that learners respond with interest and motivation to teachers who appear to be more human and also very caring!
    Another important question just to enrich the discussion: What are the good qualities of a successful teacher?
    Have a nice day!
    Administrateur
    Administrateur
    Admin

Message par Administrateur Dim 28 Fév - 5:07

Good morning sir
    Thank you for starting the discussion of the topic, i share your point of view, it's true that exercises are a good methode to inolve students and motivating them but before that the teacher should be so carfull and fair ...Why?? because A fair teacher treats students equally in the same situation. For example, students complain of unfairness when teachers treat one gender or group of students differently. Hope you understand what i mean, unfortunatelly a great part of our colleagues don't take that as a great fact of the effectiveness teaching , but i believe in that strongly and i do my best to involve all my students in the exercises activities evn thouse who refuse.
    For the topic you suggested i pefer to discuss it in an a new title to separate them and of course to get a large and efficient discussion.....Thank you in advance and be sure that your presence means so much to our new and young forum......We are waiting for other opinions , so I'm asking my self and english teachers colleagues to appear and light this space.
    kevin

Message par kevin Sam 9 Avr - 21:18

Hi everybody!
    I think that this is a false debate simply because there is no perfect answer.For me, before trying to find the best way to motivate the learner, let's try first to find how to motivate the teacher...
    benyoub tayeb

Message par benyoub tayeb Mar 16 Sep - 8:58

Salam.
    Exams are the real mirror that reflect what the student has grasped from what is called "competency" through his yearly cursus.
    med kamel

A new topic to discuss Empty a simple comment

Message par med kamel Mer 17 Sep - 20:34

Hi all,
    "Despite its psychological impact on the learner, "testing" is a "necessary evil" to check and evaluate what s/he has come up to.On the other hand,testing should not be set only for the sake of testing,but rather there ought to be what authorities on language teaching/learning referred to as the" washback" or else the "backwash" effect of tests.Accordingly, the result of testing become a starting point for learning and remedial activities, aiming at the stimulation of the learners' progress.
    Raising the point of testing would deliberately lead us to touch on the major characteristics of a "good test" which include :
    1.practicality
    2.reliability
    3.validity

Teachers,as practitioners,must be aware of the above-mentioned requirements for testing.
    In the same vein,testing in ELT context should be communicative.All too often,teachers and syllabus designers do ignore the communicative competence of their learners at a time when orality accounts too much. Thanks!

Contenu sponsorisé

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

La date/heure actuelle est Ven 26 Avr - 9:47